Around this time of the year, I always get stuck on what to buy as gifts for the loved ones in my life. I’m guilty of buying those stupid gift sets of lotion from Victoria’s Secret when I had no clue what else to get someone. What I’ve learned over the years is, it’s okay to ask someone what they want. And to actually get them what they want. Or at least something similar. Today I’m going to share with you a holiday gift guide for your significant other, parents, and best friends! Aren’t you excited to have a list made for you and you don’t have to figure it out on your own?!? Links are attached to the photos to either that exact item or something similar. Let the shopping adventures begin!
If you’re shopping for a guy here are some ideas:
- Cologne, cliche I know, but I like to get someone gifts that they normally wouldn’t get for themselves.
- Clothes…again something Chadd would normally not get for himself. And who doesn’t love picking out clothes for others?! You can go subtle…or not so subtle… 😉
- Something personalized…I always turn to Etsy for personalized items. I LOVE this wallet…personal, affordable and useful!
If you’re shopping for a girl here are some ideas:
- Jewelry…you cannot go wrong with getting a chick some jewelry! Below is a reasonably priced, gorgeous necklace!
- Lingerie…this is something that a lot of girls won’t buy for themselves…mostly because it’s usually so ungodly expensive. But I’ve let you in on a secret and linked you to a sexy yet cheap bra and panty set. You’re welcome. Make sure you don’t let her open this one in front of the family…
- Perfume…again, cliche. BUT. I love getting perfume for Christmas. Because mine is expensive and I don’t like buying it for myself. 🙂
This gift idea will work for anyone…I did it last year for Chadd and he LOVED it! It is time consuming and can get pricey but so worth it. You plan a date for each month of the following year and include a note and something related to that date in each envelope. Follow the link for more info! It’s the gift that just keeps giving!
- Shutterfly Calendar…if you look around you can often find coupons online for Shutterfly. Or sign up for their emails and receive all sorts of discounts. I got a calendar for my parents from here and only had to pay for shipping!
- Planned date night…we did this for Chadd’s mom and step-dad last year. He has four younger siblings so needless to say, they don’t get much time to themselves. We bought them gift cards to a restaurant and movie theathre and offered to babysit when they decide to use it!
- Family portraits…my siblings and I have been talking about doing this for my parents for a couple years now and we finally got down to business. We found a local photographer, met at a park, (wasn’t as sketchy as I’m making it sound, promise) and took some wintery photos. Getting them back today actually and I can’t wait. We’re going to frame it and give it to mom and dad Christmas morning. This is something they will hang on their walls…probably forever!
If you’re best friend is a girl:
- Personalized cup…who wouldn’t love this? There are TONS of shops on Etsy that do this. My fav is Twinkle Twinkle Lil’ Jar but unfortunately shop is closed temporarily. So below is an alternative!
- Personalized Jewelry…I love this bracelet with a latitude/longitude destination. It could be your favorite place to go together, where you met, anything! So meaningful!
- Accessories…you CANNOT go wrong here. This is something a lot of my friends often ask for. Such as nail polish, headbands, scarves, fuzzy socks, etc. Below is a gorgeous scarf, perfect for the holidays!
If your best friend is a guy:
- Homemade goodies….treats, cookies, apple pie moonshine…whatever floats his boat. But it’s true when they say the way to a mans heart is through his stomach…
- Personalized keychain…I got one for Chadd for Valentine’s day and he didn’t think it was cheesy! Or if he did, he kept it to himself. 😉 One says “I love u because” and the other says “Ican poop in front of u”. And yes, those are the exact keychains I got for him!!
- Gift cards…this especially if it is a man giving to another man. It’s the ‘manly gift’.
I hope this helps you finish up your holiday shopping this season!! What are some of your favorite gifts to give and to receive?! Share below in the comments! 🙂