As most of you know, this past August I married my best friend. And at the end of this month, Chadd and I will have been officially together for two years. In honor of that I’m going to do a post based solely on bragging about my best friend. Because who doesn’t love to brag about their best friend? If you don’t you should seriously reconsider your relationships. SO. With that being said, I’m going to share with you ten things I love about Chadd (in no particular order).
1. Chadd is one handsome fella. And of course this was the first thing I noticed about him when I met him. It doesn’t matter if he has a chin strap or a full beard, if his hat is on forwards or backwards, if he is dressed to the nines or in sweatpants. No matter what, he is always SO attractive to me!
2. Chadd is the true definition of “Jack of all Trades”. He is literally good at everything he tries. He can do roofing, fencing, mechanic work, flooring, remodeling, hunting. You name it and he’s good at it. If he hasn’t tried it, he’ll probably be good at it the first or second time he does. It blows my mind.
3. Chadd is a true gentleman. Besides my dad, he was the first man to ever pull out a chair for me. And this was only the second time we hung out. In fact, when he did, I thought he was pulling out his own chair and I pulled out the one next to it. He looked at me like I was dumb and said “I pulled the chair out for you….” Talk about embarrassing. But to this day, he still pulls out chairs for me (and we still laugh about it every time) and he insists on opening doors for me. He knows I’m fully capable of doing it myself, but won’t let me. That to me is a true gentleman.
4. Chadd has always kept me laughing. This was another thing that drew me into him right away. I was always happy, smiling, and giggling when I was with him. It doesn’t matter what it is about, he can ALWAYS put a smile on my face and ALWAYS make me laugh. Two years later, and this man of mine still makes me giggle uncontrollably.
5. One of the things Chadd is most passionate about (if not the MOST passionate about) is hunting. He isn’t just a weekend warrior and it was something we instantly bonded on. The very first text I ever got from him was a picture of him and the deer he shot the season before. If you’re a hunter, you know that there is a special feeling you get of being in the woods or the field that you won’t understand unless you’re a hunter. Immediately we shared this bond and he is now my best hunting partner.
6. If you know Chadd at all, you know he is goofy a lot of the times. He’s sarcastic and is always joking around. Which I LOVE because I’m the same way. But when it’s time to get serious, he is perfectly capable of this too. He is the perfect balance of goofy and serious.
7. Chadd has always been one to keep me on my toes and surprise me. Our first Valentine’s together…he was at my house pretty late the night before. I woke up to go to work the next morning and there were two red bulls (he knows the way to my heart) sitting on my windshield. Later that day, I got a delivery at work of a dozen chocolate covered strawberries with the sweetest note attached (which is now on our fridge two years later). That evening, he gave me a pair of Nike’s I had been wanting with a single red rose in the shoe box. HOW.FUCKING.CUTE.IS.HE.
8. Chadd is an incredibly hard worker. Anything he is working on, he gives it his all. He never half-asses his work and always takes it seriously. This is a huge turn on because, well let’s be real, who the hell likes a lazy man?!
9. There isn’t a day goes by that Chadd does not compliment me in some way. He calls me beautiful and/or gorgeous at least once a day, usually more. He tells me my eyes are beautiful. He tells me my ass looks good. He always knows how to make me feel good about myself.
10. Chadd loves me for me. First time I realized this was when we first started hanging out. I was on anti-depressants but only my parents and best friend knew. Well my best friend and I were on the phone while I was with Chadd and she mentioned it and asked how things were. I was hesitant to answer because I didn’t want Chadd knowing I was on anti-depressants, no matter what the reason. Well later I hesitantly explained to him why I was taking them and he was nothing but supportive. He’s seen me at my lowest lows and my highest highs and still loves me unconditionally.
Needless to say, I’m one lucky gal to get to do life with this man of mine!