Welp. The time has come. Winter break is ending and school is starting yet again. Disappointing, I know. But there is always that glimmer of hope that this semester will be better than the last. Or if you’re like me, that glimmer of hope happens to be the light at the end of the tunnel knowing it’s your last semester of college…ever!!!! WOOHOO!
I’m going to share with you five things I do to prepare myself for school every semester. Maybe my tips can help you get on the same track and mindset to be as ready as possible!
- I look over the syllabus (if it’s posted online) and mentally prepare for what is to come. I get the necessary books (always buy/rent online if you can, avoid college bookstores at all costs!!). Because this is heartbreaking (and also break-banking) I make a casual trip to Target and stock up on all new notebooks with matching folders and binders and new pens and pencils. Although this doesn’t necessarily make me feel more prepared, it makes me feel better to spend money on something I can control…like the matching colors I pick out. 🙂
- I get out my handy dandy planner. I fill in all the deadlines I’m aware of so I can plan my social life around this. Or plan the deadlines around my social life. Whatever.
- I look at the bus schedule and figure out if riding the creepy city bus is a possibility or if I need to drive myself and worry about spending more money on parking and risk my vehicle getting broken into. The creepy city bus is always the cheaper route. (At least our buses are cool and have beer on them!)
- The night before, I get my backpack all ready to go. Load it up with all my new goodies from target and the unnecessary sticky tabs that I’ll probably never use but they were just too cute to pass up. Yes this may sound like something a parent would do for their elementary-level child but it makes me feel more prepared. Try it, you’ll sleep better…and more in the morning! Win-win.
- Last but not least, I cry myself to sleep knowing I have to return to the ghetto halls of MATC. But then wipe those tears and drink a glass (or bottle) of wine (because I’m a classy gal) and celebrate that this is my last semester of college. Ever. Halle-fricken-lujah.
Now go to target, load up your backpack, and drink some wine. Ladies and gents, school is in session.