I had never heard of the Liebster Award before I was nominated for it by my good friend Shell from Cake After Midnight! The Liebster Award is essentially a blog award given to bloggers, by bloggers. The idea behind it is to pay it forward & nominate blogs that you enjoy/are inspired by/bloggers you respect, etc. It’s a great way to reach out & connect with other bloggers and seeing as I was inspired to start a blog because of other bloggers – I love this!
I was given a list of 10 questions to answer, and then I, in turn, will nominate other blogs & list 10 questions for them to answer as well. I will post the rules & the questions below. But first, let’s get to my Q+A.
1. If you could live in a book or movie, what would it be & why? Oh man this is tough…I’d love to live in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The time was so classic & who doesn’t love Audrey Hepburn & Tiffany’s?!
2. If you could go back in time & change something about your life, what would you change? I would change the way I handled certain situations with my mother from when I was younger. Maybe then we would have a better relationship.
3. What’s your “spirit animal”? I had no clue what this would be for me so I took a quiz online and it says my “spirit animal” is the bear. The characterisitics associated with it were strength, leadership and confidence. It seemed pretty fitting for the most part!
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 5 years I see myself in a nice home, and hopefully with little kiddos running around – or on the way at the very least! I want to be truly settled in my career and just living a happy life!
5. POOF! You’ve been granted 1 million dollars (tax free!!!) How would you spend it? I would buy a home and some land, a new vehicle (or 2!), donate a hefty amount to charities I believe in, buy hubby and I a nice thing or two and put the rest away for retirement!
6. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging to share my life with others and share ways to balance all the different things I have constantly going on. It’s also become and escape for me – to just write my feelings and to be solely focused on that has turned out to be a great stress reliever! The thing I want most out of my blog though is that I hope to inspire all my readers at one point or another.
7. How would your best friends describe you? Loud, outgoing, honest, laid-back, loyal and hopefully fun!
8. What are 3 things on your bucket list that you have yet to do? Skydiving, travel to places like Italy & Australia, and build a beautiful home on a lot of land!
9. What are you most thankful for? I’m most thankful for my husband, family & friends. God has truly blessed me with some great people in my life who always support me.
10. What is your greatest strength & your biggest weakness? My greatest strengths…Hm…on a personal level – I’m loyal to a fault. On a different kind of level (not sure what kind though?) is I’m extremely organized. My biggest weakness…on a personal level…I probably forgive too easily with some people. On a different kind of level…I’m incredibly forgetful.
- Acknowledge and thank the blog that nominated you
- Look for an award image you like & post it on your blog
- Answer the 10 questions asked by the person/blog who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers who you think deserve the award
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them
- Give them 10 questions to answer
Here are the 8 blogs I’m nominating for a Liebster. If you haven’t checked out any of these blogs, please take a couple minutes & click through. You never know – you just might discover a new blog that you’ll fall in love with.
Aubrey from Aubrey Kinch
Caryl from More Pieces of Me
Kristin from At Home
Kathleen from Carrie Bradshaw Lied
Keila from Mommy in Milwaukee
Audrey from Oh So Lovely
Erika from Gloss, Glamour & Glitz
Ryan from Loved & Lovely Blog
Alright, now it’s my turn to ask the questions! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is as follows:
1. Who and/or what inspires you?
2.If you could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be?
3. What is your greatest strength & biggest weakness?
4. What do you love most about blogging? Or the blogging community?
5. What age do you feel right now & why?
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. What was the best advice ever given to you?
8. What would you tell your 16 year old self?
9. When is breaking the rules okay?
10. What do you feel most proud of?
Thanks again to Shell for nominating me! I hope the rest of you guys have as much with this as I did. I can’t wait to read your Q+A!