If you know me, even just a little bit, you know I LOVE to be outdoors. Something about the fresh air in my lungs and the beauty of nature gets me every time! With spring now in the air (or not, if you live in Wisconsin or anywhere with a climate similar to ours 😐 ) and an extra hour of daylight, I’m itching to get outside every chance I get. After a weekend of unplugging and recharging up north I wanted to share with you my top five favorite outdoor activities!
- Boating – My dad has always owned a boat and I’ve been going on it since I was in a stroller. (No, really…there is a picture somewhere to prove it!) With boating comes water sports for me. (Not a huge fishing fan here…too slow paced on the water for me!) But hand over a wake-board, tube, water skis, or knee board and I’m allllll over that! I’m always the first one behind the boat and the last one back in. Boating and all the memories I have of it will always hold a very special place in my heart.
- Shooting – The first nice day we got this year, I setup my target and took my bow outside for some range shooting. Chadd introduced me to my new found love of bow hunting and to say I’m obsessed would be an understatement. The fact that I’m so focused on the task at hand makes me forget everything else going on around me. I know I’ll be doing a lot of this in the upcoming months (and years)!
- Hunting – I’ve been hunting since I was 12 years old. I started with deer & pheasant with my dad and Chadd has introduced me to the world of waterfowl and soon turkey. I want to extend my skill set to learn big game and do more traveling for hunting someday. We went hunting for our honeymoon and it is definitely one of our favorite things to do together. More on this some other time.
- Riding – Riding to me refers to either a snowmobile or an ATV. I’ve been snowmobiling for much longer than I have ATVing but love them both almost equally. Heading up north, away from the city with the fresh country air and the wind in my face makes me do a happy dance!
- Walking/Hiking – This is obviously a great workout but again, that fresh air and wind in my face is just incredible to me!
What are some of your favorite outdoor activities? Have you ever tried any of my favorites?